Postponement of 17th India International Gold Convention 2020 Due to Covid-19 (was supposed to be held on 3-5 September 2020) and will keep you updated on new dates shortly....
 You are here : Home > Mining & Refining
 
 

Serbia with the most gold in the Western Balkans

14 October 2020

 

Serbia has the largest gold reserves of 32 tonnes in the Western Balkans, according to data from the central bank and the World Gold Council, Tanjug reported.According to the National Bank of Serbia, the country owned 32.12 tonnes of gold worth 1.66 billion euros at the end of September. About 96 per cent of Serbia's gold reserves are in the form of bars, and the remaining 4 per cent are gold coins.

 

Two thirds of the reserve is kept in the vault of the central bank, and one third - in the bank's accounts in safe foreign institutions.The gold reserve makes up 12.7 percent of Serbia's foreign exchange reserves.According to the World Gold Council for the second quarter of this year, the second in the region after Serbia is Northern Macedonia with 6.89 tons of gold reserves.

 

Slovenia has 3.17 tons, Bosnia and Herzegovina 2.98 tons, and Montenegro 1.09 tons of gold.

Only Croatia has no gold reserves because it has sold its gold, Tanjug said.

 

Source: https://www.monitor.bg/bg/a/view/syrbija-s-naj-mnogo-zlato-na-zapadnite-balkani-229332